B.BICE+ promotes research and innovation between Europe and Brazil
B.BICE+ is an International Cooperation (INCO) project funded by the European Commission whose aim is to enhance bilateral cooperation and to support political dialogue in Science, Technology and Innovation among the European Commission, EU Member States, Associated Countries and Brazil.
The principal objectives and activities of B.BICE+ are:
• To contribute to the ongoing ST&I policy dialogue between the EU and Brazil;
• To promote enduring partnerships between EU and Brazilian actors in the whole research-to-innovation chain;
• To facilitate the coordination of EU Member States’ cooperation in research with Brazil on the “program level”;
• To disseminate information on programs encouraging cooperation in research and innovation between the EU and Brazil;
• To promote an approach to innovation as an overarching policy objective for EU-Brazil bilateral cooperation;
• To establish a Joint Action Taskforce (JAT) constituted of several European and Brazilian research and innovation institutions, tasked with defining a roadmap for coordination and implementation of joint action with participation of EU Member States and Brazilian institutions;
• Carrying out meetings and workshops to foster the participation of state-level institutions in Brazil (FAPs, SECTIs, etc.) into EU-Brazil cooperation as well as raise awareness of current programs and initiatives.
All about B.BICE+ here.
EU-Brazil Technology and Innovation Forum / Tour of Brazil
The EU-Brazil Technology and Innovation Forum and Tour of Brazil are organized by the B.BICE+ consortium at the occasion of the XXIV ANPROTEC Seminar on Science Parks and Business Incubation, held this year in Belem (Brazil) from the 22nd to the 25th of September 2014.
The ANPROTEC’s annual seminar constitutes an important tool for the consolidation of the movement of innovative entrepreneurship in Brazil; it contributes to strengthening business incubators and science & technology parks, as well as public policies related to Science, Technology and Innovation. About 600 participants are expected to participate in the 2014 seminar. In this advantageous context to promote links with the Brazilian innovation actors, B.BICE+ will organize different events and encounters.
The event “Opportunities for Brazilian SMEs, Technological Parks and other innovation actors for cooperation with Europe” is organized during this Forum jointly with the Embassies of the European Member States, the European Union Delegation to Brazil and EURAXESS as part of the Tour of Brazil. The Tour of Brazil aims to make more visible the EU ST&I landscape to Brazilian partners and to open avenues for new EU-Brazil cooperations and strengthen bilateral relations. During this event of the Tour of Brazil, European Research and Innovation programmes will be presented, including the EU Member States (MS) bilateral programmes as well as programmes financed by the European Commission with a focus on Horizon 2020.
More information about the Forum here.